POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : compiling unix betas under OS X 10.4 : Re: compiling unix betas under OS X 10.4 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 02:59:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: compiling unix betas under OS X 10.4
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Aug 2008 02:16:59
Message: <48a7c25b$1@news.povray.org>
John Coppens wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 21:56:50 +0200
> Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
>
>>> Is that really necessary - I mean is there another reason besides the
>>> compilation problems?
>> Yes, the boost thread interface changed in 1.35 for certain reasons.
>> You absolutely positivity cannot use it.
>
> I really _hate_ to insist - I asked about reasons, because I got POV
> 3.7 compiled with Boost 1.36, and it seems to work normally.

This is a complex boost change, not a change in POV-Ray. Please read the
*boost* documentation, as this is not a POV-Ray issue! Do no use boost 1.35
or later with the current POV-Ray 3.7 beta source code if you want a
functional executable. The fact that a program compiles and links does not
make it function correctly. There is nothing wrong with either boost 1.36 or
POV-Ray 3.7, you just have to use the correct version of boost. Use boost
1.34 with the current POV-Ray 3.7 beta source code.

	Thorsten, POV-Team