POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
8 Sep 2024 09:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Aug 2008 14:04:16
Message: <48a5c520$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:08:45 +0100, Phil Cook wrote:

> And lo on Fri, 15 Aug 2008 00:29:52 +0100, Jim Henderson
> <nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:
>
>> Was "make it *better* than the competition" in there anywhere?
>
> I guess that's covered by the "don't let someone sell both coke *and*
> pepsi". You don't need to make a better product if you don't present the
> consumer with a choice.

Heh, well, I know for many of the fast food chains, they don't have a
choice, because they're actually owned by Pepsico or Coca-Cola.  I used
to work for a company that did outsourced benefits management (for both
companies, oddly enough), and seeing the brands that came in with those
agreements was surprising.

> As an example my mother often complains she can't pick up a certain
> brand of sauce at her main shop supermarket and has to go elsewhere; I'm
> running an internal bet as to how long it'll be before she either starts
> doing the main shop in this other store or ends up buying a different
> brand.

That'd be an interesting thing to look at....

Jim