POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I thought I did a good job... : Re: I thought I did a good job... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I thought I did a good job...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Aug 2008 18:28:30
Message: <48a4b18e@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 01:46:30 -0400, Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Oh, good, it wasn't just me who saw that pattern.
>>
>> In some ways, that site is one of the most revolting things I've ever
>> seen on the 'net.  And I read Slashdot. ;-)
>>
>> Jim
>
> Slashdot? Sure, there are trolls there. But Fark, the chans, any MMOs
> 'uber raiding guild' forums all take the cake. At least on Fark, the
> trolls try really hard to make you think they are holding their end of
> an intelligent discussion, when they lead you on.

Oh, sure.  Just /. was the first that came to mind.  Goatse posts, crap
like that....reading at -1 there is truly a great way to waste time and
see the dregs of the 'net.

> I'm wondering how this site would feel to be quoted as 'reasons not to
> marry an american man' but I'm not sure if they would get the irony. I'm
> afraid it would go right by them, but I'm not sure if that would make it
> even funnier.

They probably wouldn't get the irony.  The sad thing, though, is it's
probably a site run by someone who had a bad experience, so they think
*everyone* does.  They reinforce that opinion by talking to others who
had a similar experience, and call it a "survey".

> Oops, now you've got me thinking of ways to troll them.

LOL

Jim