POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who was looking for message-passing OS examples? : Re: Singularity Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Singularity
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 13 Aug 2008 14:23:35
Message: <48a326a7$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   I have really hard time believing that if you, for example, calculate
> the sum of all the integers in an array, adding boundary checks to every
> single read operation will add only 4% of overhead.

Accessing "everything in this array" is a pretty common operation - and
one that an optimising compiler can presumably spot and optimise pretty
easily.

Now, if you start accessing an array in some really random order... (And
let's face it, what the hell are arrays especially good at?)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/