POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I thought I did a good job... : Re: I thought I did a good job... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I thought I did a good job...
From: St
Date: 13 Aug 2008 13:44:18
Message: <48a31d72@news.povray.org>
news:48a183e0$1@news.povray.org...
>>> Hmm. No offence, but... There are many, many things wrong in my life.
>>> However, at least I can say I'm not heading for nearly as much trouble
>>> as this individual seems to be heading for.
>>
>>    None taken.
>
> Well, I think you realise I wasn't trying to say "man, your kid sux!"

    Yeah, sure.  :)

>> I don't think you're heading for any trouble, you're a well-adjusted guy,
>> and you're old enough to know what you want out of life.
>>
>>      I think the only thing that you lack in is self confidence, which
>> will come when you're ready.
>
> If I was well-adjusted I wouldn't fear walking down the street in broad
> daylight because I don't want people to beat me up...

    Mate, I *fear* walking the streets in broad daylight! You do know that
in this country we have the peculiar habit of saying 'sorry mate' when we
bump into someone else in a crowded street? I do it all the time, seriously.
Apparently, we here are quite unique for doing this. I know why, it's to
take conflict out of the situation before it even arises - if you're lucky
that is. I bet you anything, that you avoid looking a guy in the eye as much
as possible, right? I'm the same! I've been there and done that, it's not
nice if they take offence.

  You know Andrew, and this is what I *seriously* think you should do; start
taking karate lessons or judo, or any one of the other many self defense
classes near to you. Let's say it's two hours a week. First off, I think
you'll love it. You certainly have the body for it, you're quite a big guy.
You'll meet new people, both sexes, young and old. You'll gain confidence
like you've never had before, and... if you follow it through, you will walk
through the street and hold your head up high. It will take time, and you
will have to work at it, and you HAVE to 'want' to do it, but the end result
would be SO worth it. Seriously Andrew, consider it.

   And always remember, bigger guys than you can fall hard... They're not
invincible:

      http://www.psfights.com/fight-video-1406.htm

> As for self-confidence... yeah, imagine what would be possible if I were
> ever to possess such a quality. ;-)

      See above.

     ~Steve~