POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I thought I did a good job... : Re: I thought I did a good job... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I thought I did a good job...
From: St
Date: 13 Aug 2008 13:44:17
Message: <48a31d71$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford" <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>>> I still have so much to look forward to in life. :-/
>>
>>     Mate, you don't know the half of it. To me, you are so lucky, you
>> should be smiling all day long. When I say lucky, I mean that you have
>> the chance to meet a nice, sensible lady, and not some immature bimbo
>> that just wants to notch up another score on her bed post or get into
>> half of your salary. Trust me, when you meet that nice lady, you'll know
>> it.
>>
>>       ~Steve~
>
> Reading what you wrote I was at a loss for words. I suppose you could
> execute the "My house, My rules" clause, seeing as he is a legal adult. If
> he doesn't like your rules, then he's free to do as he pleases, just not
> under your roof.

     Thanks Mike, I do know that I could do the "My house, my rules" thing,
but seriously, this guy gets a strop on for the smallest of things, and
well, he knows 'me', and he already knows what I want, and what I wanted of
him. The signs of the rebellion in him were showing when he was at school at
about the age of about 9. I think I did the 'porn on the school computers'
thing here before, so I won't go into that, but, then there was the big
'blade from the pencil sharpener and getting other kids to cut themselves'
thing too. And then, when he was about 14, and in his most *favourite*
lesson, Art, he did the "it would be fun to throw a few water bombs around
the class to ruin other's work" thing. Headmaster did a ninja kick on me,
and since that last episode, I've kept my eye on him constantly and tried to
get him to see the errors of his ways. Hmm, and now this...

> What you wrote did send a shiver of terror down my spine though, that my
> son, for all the potential he has could eventually wind up doing the same.
> I'll be sure to cherish every moment while he's still young enough to
> think the world of his mom and dad. :)

     The potential to do the same will always be there, as I said before,
sheep. I don't know if that's a worldly term or not, but here it means "to
follow like a sheep" - and that's exactly what he's done with this gang. I
know, I know, he wants to be accepted with the most popular guys around him.
I mean, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em right? It's safer that way yes?
Problem is, I know these guys, and I know what they're capable of, and when
they want to have a 'laugh' at his expense, well, who knows what will
happen.

    Mike, from what you've written, I'm kinda glad that I wrote what I'd
written. I'm sure you'll be a great dad. You can only do your best mate.

     ~Steve~