POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who was looking for message-passing OS examples? : Re: Singularity Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Singularity
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 13 Aug 2008 13:21:14
Message: <48a3180a@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Manuel Kasten <kas### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>> If you only allow safe-mode managed code, pointer arithmethic is not
>> possible.
>
>   So you can't have arrays?

You can, but not in the sense of a contiguous block of memory containing
the data sense.

The question I have is what if I want to develop an application (such as
a high performance image analysis package) against a platform that uses
only managed code. Could it be done using the CPU the most efficiently?
If I were restricted to "safe" code, is there a way to remove that
restriction for that app?