POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Fitting a texture to an object.. : Re: Fitting a texture to an object.. Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:57:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fitting a texture to an object..
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 12 Aug 2008 15:18:46
Message: <48a1e216$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance in this, but what am I supposed to see? The images in
> p.b.i. are not clear for me. What is a sculpty editor by the way?
>
> Thomas

Oh, and, if you look at the editor images, you will note that either the
way the camera warped the map, or just something about trying to use a
cylinder to make it, produces ends that are "not" round, but have dents
and bumps. Since the purpose is to get, as close as possible, a map that
will produce an identical shape via displacement... This isn't too good.
It, ironically, makes an interesting crystal, but its worrying when
trying to make something more complex, since the same "glitches" might
crop up.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {