POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I thought I did a good job... : Re: I thought I did a good job... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I thought I did a good job...
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 12 Aug 2008 11:56:04
Message: <48a1b294@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford" <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Reading what you wrote I was at a loss for words. I suppose you could
> execute the "My house, My rules" clause, seeing as he is a legal adult. If
> he doesn't like your rules, then he's free to do as he pleases, just not
> under your roof.

the "My House" clause does work if you execute it with a velvet hammer. My
son had pissed away his last two years of high school and landed in the
"last chance" school out in California. Whooping it up with his buddies ....
pretty typical time wasting teenage activities (hey I was pretty wild
myself). His mom and I had been divorced for over 10 years when he got a new
step dad that couldn't be bothered. I moved to Canada and soon with my
influence a continent away the troubles started. It got to a point that he
went missing for almost a week, and I stepped in a worked a plan with his
mom to get him away from there. It took tricking him to get him here (that's
a whole other story with a cool "ha-ha" ending) .... boy was he an unhappy
camper. I home schooled him through two years of math (11 & 12) and 12th
grade physics. Got him into a jet engine mechanic program and now he's
working this tail off, and getting a taste of what it's like to keep a
household (pay bills, laundry, what he can and can't afford). I guess what
I'm trying to say is that kids headed for trouble don't always end up there
.... take heart Steve if you thought you did a good job you probably did.
Raising my son was the hardest thing I ever did .... and hey there's no
users manual.

Jim