POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I thought I did a good job... : Re: I thought I did a good job... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I thought I did a good job...
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Aug 2008 07:27:17
Message: <48a17395$1@news.povray.org>
>> Heh. The last girl I ever went out with took me on a trip to Blackpool
>> even though we had "split up" at that point. I didn't really realise until
>> afterwards that actually she just wanted me to pay for everything.
>>

>> But actually, I had a really awesome time. And I've never slept in the
>> same bed as a girl. (Although sleeping is all that happened. And yes, she
>> snores. Loudly.) So I just kept smiling anyway...
>>
>> In retrospect though... she really wasn't a very nice person. Kinda glad
>> it ended quickly. ;-)
>
>       The important thing is that you enjoyed yourself. You had a great
> time, and you learnt a little more about 'life'.

Yeah, I learned about sea life. ;-) If you ever get the chance to go to
the Blackpool sealife center, give it a whirl. It's fairly good.
Blackpool zoo isn't bad either. (I didn't know they had one.) It
features a maze made of maise. (Get it?)

As for life... well, a couple of street traders conned us out of about

actually impossible. But they keep ranking up the prizes (and costs). We

>       It is, and I've always known that it would be. There are so many fine
> lines that you have to consider.
>
>       You've summed it up quite well there Andrew, that's exactly it.

Like I said, I have so much to look forward to. :-S

> Take
> my position now. My son is coming and going as he pleases, he pays no rent,
> (and never did), I get no phone call or text to say whether he'll be back
> home for his tea, (three times this week, I've eaten his meal that I cooked,
> the next day). I know exactly where he's coming from and exactly what he
> wants me to do. He wants me to take him to task about all of this, and you
> know what happens next don't you? He then throws it back at me, and then
> moves out probably claiming that I threw him out to his 'crew'. But, it
> ain't gonna happen. I'm not saying anything. The path he takes now is his
> choice. And I know he will get in trouble of some kind, whether that's
> money, or some drugs hassle, (yes, I've smelt it in his room before now), or
> some police trouble, or some hospital trouble when he finally meets the 'big
> boys' in a club somewhere. He's too immature to be out there, and believe
> me, he thinks he's invincible. He's been pumping weights for the last four
> years pretty much constantly, (I've even found steroids in his room), but
> when he crosses the wrong person, he'll know about it.

Hmm. No offence, but... There are many, many things wrong in my life.
However, at least I can say I'm not heading for nearly as much trouble
as this individual seems to be heading for.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/