POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I thought I did a good job... : Re: I thought I did a good job... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I thought I did a good job...
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Aug 2008 06:31:32
Message: <48a16684$1@news.povray.org>

>> I guess they might...
>
>     Yep, they're out there. Be warned.

Heh. The last girl I ever went out with took me on a trip to Blackpool
even though we had "split up" at that point. I didn't really realise
until afterwards that actually she just wanted me to pay for everything.

days.) But actually, I had a really awesome time. And I've never slept
in the same bed as a girl. (Although sleeping is all that happened. And
yes, she snores. Loudly.) So I just kept smiling anyway...

In retrospect though... she really wasn't a very nice person. Kinda glad
it ended quickly. ;-)

>> I was actually thinking more along the lines of "parenthood is an utterly
>> thankless task".
>
>      It's not until they decide that they've grown up enough to handle
> 'life' and want to do their 'own thing'. Problem is, they soon come back
> when in trouble, (and they will be), but then it's too late, the damage has
> been done.

If I ever had children, I would try to be the best possible parent. But
I would do it with the certainty that I'm doing it all completely wrong,
and I have ruined my child's life as a result. I'm not sure I could live
with that kind of guilt.

Being a parent just seems like an impossible task. If you're too strict,
they grow up with no self-confidence. If you're not strict enough, they
grow up as out-of-control runaways. If you restrict them too much, they
won't learn independence. If you don't restrict them enough, they'll be
spoilt brats. Every time anything bad happens to them, you have the
pleasure of knowing it's probably your fault. You get to waste endless
hours worrying about them.

And at the end of it all, you get your reward: We don't need you. You
were a rubbish dad anyway. Goodbye.

Like I said, a stressful and thankless task. :-(

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/