POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
8 Sep 2024 05:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Aug 2008 12:19:30
Message: <48a06692$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:10:39 +0100, St. wrote:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 21:58:45 +0100, St. wrote:
>>
>>> Heard enough horror stories about them.
>>
>> Such as?
>
>    Ok, re-reading what I said, I'm not sure if we're talking about the
>    same
> thing. ;) I thought Sabrina was talking about what we call here 'store
> cards' - it's like a major retail store credit card, which in turn have
> really high interest rates, (that's the horror story, people have had
> high debt using them).

*Oh*, if it's a "store credit card", yes, I hate those things as well,
would never sign up for one myself.

>   So what's a 'customer benefit' card other than what you've already
> explained?

So-called "customer loyalty cards".  Around here the biggest thing that's
a "problem" with them is that to get the "normal" price, you have to have
one, otherwise you pay a premium.  That's pretty common knowledge, though
- that the "discounted" price is a price that gives them a profit
margin.  In f&d retail, it's all about volume, so the profit margins are
pretty thin to begin with.

Jim