POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My new hobby: wasting the time of telemarketers who ignore the national do not call registry AND spoof their phone numbe : My new hobby: wasting the time of telemarketers who ignore the national do not call registry AND spoof their phone numbe Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  My new hobby: wasting the time of telemarketers who ignore the national do not call registry AND spoof their phone numbe
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 11 Aug 2008 12:19:13
Message: <48a06681$1@news.povray.org>
They keep calling. Recorded message "This is your final notice
blahblahblah reduce interest rate on your credit card bill"

I managed to get a good enough rapport to get their real phone number.
:) I'll play along and let them do their spiel, all along the way making
up my own fictitious credit card sob story. They surely think they're
talking to a real victim^H^H^H^H^H^Hcustomer. Then they get down to the
nitty gritty. Banks, account numbers, the like. At this point I make up
some reason I can't get to my details. You know, "I'm detained on some
small island somewhere in the south pacific", or "I'm currently near the
summit of Mt Everest, my credit cards are at Base Camp" or "I'm
currently indisposed" (lame, but it works best to be skimpy on the
details here) Go over the phone number a couple times, and your name?
and what's the name of the company? I just want to make sure I'm getting
the right number.

Of course, I have a reason to get them to regurgitate their actual phone
number :)