POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yay, stress! : Re: Yay, stress! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yay, stress!
From: andrel
Date: 7 Oct 2008 16:09:29
Message: <48EBC247.3050904@hotmail.com>
On 07-Oct-08 20:21, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Shay wrote:
>
>> Have you considered doing something besides geek stuff for a living?
>> I'm sure you're good at it, but it seems to cause you a lot of stress.
>
> Computers don't stress me out. Management politics stress me out. :-/
> And being considered to be some kind of nobody idiot who doesn't know
> what they're talking about and can't be trusted with anything stresses
> me out. The actual computer-related parts don't really stress me.
>
>> I'm not sure, but I think I remember reading that you are learning c++
>> because your preferred language won't advance your tech career. There
>> are other avenues.
>
> Yeah. But not when computing is your only commercially important skill.

1) I don't think that is true. If it were you would not have started
this thread.
2) There is more than commercial work
3) even that sort of work comes in many flavors

And to come back to your original question: I am afraid that you have to
write that letter. Your boss has probably broken the law and you are
responsible for it. If you can 'proof' that it was done without your
knowledge and that you immediately reacted you may be able to defend
yourself when your company faces a big fine when the authorities notice.

As doctor john said you don't have to point to your boss. Simply write a
letter that you noticed something changed, that is was not documented,
that you therefore can not know if more things have changed than you
know now and point to the laws that mandate that such things are
documented. mail to boss, cc his boss and the head IT in the US

If in doubt about the tone of the letter contact e.g. one of the guys
you met personally and whose opinion you trust by regular mail and from
home.