POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You lose some... : Re: You lose some... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You lose some...
From: andrel
Date: 5 Oct 2008 11:46:46
Message: <48E8E1B4.3050004@hotmail.com>
On 05-Oct-08 17:12, Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>>> ??( is an alternative token for [. Similarly for ??) and ].
>
>> I don't remember that one. I seem to have dislocated my k&r and bjarne
>> books and I seem not to be able to find that on the web either. Are you
>> sure that that isn't just a compiler/hardware specific hack?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_trigraph

Thanks warp and frederick. This wiki page still keeps me wondering when
these trigraphs were introduced. Must be before the 1994 digraphs (which
is indeed long after my sort of formal training in C).

I could not find them with google. searching for ??) did not give any
result. Any of the google wizards know what I should have asked? (Apart
from trigraph, because that was the term I didn't know, otherwise I
would not be looking)