POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : amusing : Re: amusing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: amusing
From: andrel
Date: 20 Sep 2008 06:14:12
Message: <48D4CD3D.7080702@hotmail.com>
On 20-Sep-08 11:33, Warp wrote:
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/5tkxcc
>
>   Expands to:
>   http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77
>
>   Didn't shorten the url to even a half. Was it really necessary to use
> tinyurl?

pro: even a small reduction reduces the chance of getting line wrapped.
(though that does not really apply in this case, as jim put it on a new
line)
contra: we don't know what to expect. We have to trust Jim that the info
he (or any imposter) gives is correct and we don't get redirected to
pr0n or trojans.  (though that does not really apply in this case, as
jim did not give any information on what it was about)