POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: andrel
Date: 12 Sep 2008 13:33:02
Message: <48CAA814.6070000@hotmail.com>
On 12-Sep-08 19:15, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> I can write you programs in BASIC, Pascal, SDL, Tcl, Java,
>>> JavaScript, PostScript, or even assembly if I have to. (Depends which
>>> processor. Obviously.) But C and a few other highly complex and messy
>>> languages are more than even I can cope with.
>
>> I find the 'even I' amusing.
>
> Do you know how many people can code directly in PostScript? (Small
> hint: not many.)
been there, done that

> Do you know how many people can code in assembly? (Hint: even fewer.)
been there, done that (for at least 3-5 processors and the one I built
myself ;) )
I think less people coded postscript than assembly, at least when I was
young (it was part of our university course)

>>> My God... It's... It's like... [I'm searching for the HGTTG quote]...
>>> It's like a psuedo-random assortment of letters!
>>
>> Is that the quote?
>
> Er, no.

Ok, what were you looking for, what scene. I don't know which you mean
and I though I knew his material rather well.

>>> With experimentation, it seems that the translation FROM English to
>>> German significantly breaks sentences,
>>
>> how would you know?
>
> Some of the Germans in this forum said so.

Ah, ok. So you trust non-native speakers to judge how broken english is.
Makes sense.

>>> while the translation the other way is moderately reliable.
>>
>> I can not imagine that it will translate the archetypal German
>> sentences with the verb that closes the sentence 5 lines below the
>> subject in a readable way.
>
> Search me.

... Milton Keynes , am I close?