POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers : Re: Games programmers Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Games programmers
From: andrel
Date: 12 Sep 2008 10:25:49
Message: <48CA7C33.4030400@hotmail.com>
On 12-Sep-08 16:16, scott wrote:
>> Presumably *any* language will _look_ cryptic if you don't understand
>> it. The question is how easy it is or isn't to _learn_. ;-)
>
> I really don't understand why you find it so hard to learn C.
>
> There are only a tiny number of core statements (like if, while, return
> etc) and the syntax of them all is very similar.  How to write functions
> you just have to learn, but that's the same for any language.  Writing
> mathematical formulae is also very easy and similar to almost every
> other language (using + - / * etc).
>
> If you want to get more advanced, then learn to handle arrays and what &
> and * do (quite easy things to remember, not complex at all), and you're
> pretty much set to understand 99.999% of C code out there - including
> things like while(*v++ = *s++);
>
> What's the problem?

How to translate from the concept in your mind to a working program.
That you can use a word processor and have a plot in mind does not
necessary imply that you can write a good story. Especially if the story
has to be written in a language that doesn't fit your preferences.
Exercise: rewrite your reply in Dutch. Hint: we use for all practical
purposes the same alphabet.