POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
8 Sep 2024 01:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Aug 2008 17:21:26
Message: <489e0a56@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Money is an imaginary concept anyway.

No it's not. It's only fiat money that's imaginary.

> Do you really think that you
> physically have all the money in your bank account?

No. Indeed, I don't even have the "money" that's in my wallet in the
terms of green pieces of paper.

> so what's the
> difference between the 1% of your net worth you carry with you being
> cash versus some form of electronic payment?

That I can actually have as much of my net worth I want in the form of
anonymous untraceable bits of paper I can use to buy stuff with?

Say you're the wife of an abusive police officer. Wouldn't it be nice to
be able to hire a cab and buy a bus ticket without your abusive
homicidal husband being able to ask the bank where it is you're hiding?

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Ever notice how people in a zombie movie never already know how to