POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! : Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it!
From: Chambers
Date: 9 Aug 2008 13:33:03
Message: <489dd4cf$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
> And lo on Sat, 02 Aug 2008 05:11:51 +0100, Chambers
> <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> did spake, saying:
>> It was the sheer idiocy of the character.  It's the same reason I
>> don't like characters like Barney the Dinosaur, or movies like Dumb
>> and Dumber.
>
> But Barney's aimed at the young

Not a valid excuse.  I've seen plenty of programming aimed at the young
that isn't idiotic in the slightest.

> and Dumb and Dumber is intentionally
> idiotic,

Oh, so they were *trying* to be dumb... that really makes them less
dumb, doesn't it?

Like I said, it's the sheer idiocy of it.  I don't care if they were
trying to be that way or not; actually, it's worse, because rather than
being something they can't avoid, they're intentionally doing something
that I don't like.

...Chambers