POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu] Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu]
From: Chambers
Date: 8 Aug 2008 13:56:28
Message: <489c88cc$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I don't know about you, but every time *I* look at either the GIMP or
> PhotoShop, I can never figure out what magical trick I'm missing that
> lets you do the impressive stuff everybody else does. To me, it just
> seems to be a small set of pretty simple tools that don't appear to give
> you much power to do anything.

There are many, many tutorials available on the Web for the GIMP, and
probably for PS as well.

Whenever I need to do a new trick, I usually play around for about two
hours, then go look up a tutorial on what I'm doing, then finish it in
15 minutes.

Seriously, watching someone else do something well can give you a huge
boost in productivity.

...Chambers