POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 8 Aug 2008 07:00:57
Message: <489c2769$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> You're guilty of being bizzarre, which if it were a crime would mean I
> (and the vast majority) would be locked up with you.

As you get older you get comfortable with it I guess.  Another 'buffer'
situation for me involves the need to take a 'till' with me when I am
driving the taxi.  When I first started I got caught unable to make
change a couple of times.  This situation I found embarrassing even
humiliating.  So I began to hoard 10's, 5's, and singles.  Now I have a
'buffer' well in excess of 150 $10's, 200 $5's, and 500 singles,
jacketed and hoarded away in a box.  I am finally comfortable and pay
less attention to the problem and no longer aggressively hoard. For
instance now at the end of a shift I will deposit my receipts across all
denominations instead of just the $20's.  But the funny thing is,
certain techniques and disciplines I developed during my hoarding phase
became so integrated with my daily life that I continue them anyway.  In
fact I now have to consciously 'prune' my hoard down from time to time.