POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 7 Aug 2008 19:37:20
Message: <489b8730@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> Eh? You mean where I monitor bills and credit card statements as one
> combined outgoing prior to payment dates and ensure that funds exist
> within the bank account to deal with them in advance such that going on
> holiday for a fortnight and not being able to get to the bills doesn't
> mean me returning to invoice plus reminder plus reminder plus
> threatening  letter; that sort of maturity?

Yep.

> That's the bizarreness so you buy something on CC for $40 then when it
> comes to pay you send them $50 so you have positive $10? The only way I
> see this as a good thing is if the credit card pays interest on the
> amount, which I know some do, but in that instance they wouldn't be
> refunding it to you so why do it?

More like: keep +$400 in the account.  I know I'm going to go down to
Circuit City to buy a $59 router.  So I transfer $60 in before I go.
While I'm there I remember I needed some toner for the printer. $70.  So
I pickup the router and the toner on the card.  I come home.  No
worries, the router and the toner is covered, so is the $40 of groceries
and $75 gas that I charged and for got about.  In a coupla weeks I
notice all the activity warnings in the bank folder on my e-mail and I'm
waiting for a scene to render anyway, so I pop a couple open and notice
that my +ve balance is down to +$316.  I check the activity and see all
is okay.  I post transfer of say, $100, into the account. Meanwhile the
recurring topup charge I set up for my daughter's cell phone is never
going to fail.

I'll admit that maybe it's bizarre but what am I *so* guilty of?  Maybe
of being a bit neurotic, maybe of just thinking in a different way? It
keeps the money more tangible to me. The monthly due-date lockstep just
trips me up that's all.

-Jim