POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future Server Time
10 Oct 2024 13:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Aug 2008 16:50:07
Message: <489b5fff$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>    Autonomous? You can do basically what you want with this editor.
> Obviously, you need to learn it, but Darren, if I can, you most certainly
> can.

I think you're missing the question I'm asking.

I'm asking the equivalent of "how does a company design and manage the
creation of a major software project", and you're telling me where to
download the compiler from. I'm not asking "how do you get the ideas
into the data structure that the map editor lets you manipulate." I'm
asking "how does a company creating a large professional game that's
going to take years to code go about working out responsibilities
between team members."

>  Want to licence the game? $2mill.(ish)  Heh.

That's kind of what I'm saying, there.  How does one organize things
such that $2Mill is a reasonable amount of money to pay?

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Ever notice how people in a zombie movie never already know how to