POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future Server Time
10 Oct 2024 13:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Aug 2008 15:55:40
Message: <489b533c$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 20:50:42 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> Today's society is full of people who don't want to take the time to
>> *learn*, they just expect to be able to understand everything
>> instantly, and get frustrated when they don't "get it" within the first
>> 30 seconds of using a new tool.
>
> Today's OSS is full of products which come with no manual at all. :-P

Well, when it comes to 3D modelling, let's have a look, shall we?

http://www.wings3d.com/ - "User Manual 1.6.1 (PDF)", along with several
tutorials.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Manual - Blender manual.
Probably not as current as it could be, but there are also books on how
to use it.

Jim