POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Aug 2008 12:50:18
Message: <489b27ca$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 14:28:52 +0100, Phil Cook wrote:

>>>  Same thing with the majority of utility bills - the invoice comes
>>> through  and the payment drawn a few days later. In some case they'll
>>> charge you an  'admin' fee for not doing it this way.
>>>
>> Yeah, I might try and get organized enough to try something like that.
>> At least for bills.  I didn't know you could do it for credit card.
>
> Well you can in the UK

You can with some cards in the US as well.  We do autopay for nearly
everything (but we also look at the bills closely, too) - I think one of
our basic services (water, electric, something like that) doesn't have
the option, and Discover doesn't do that, but they do let you pay
online.  So I just go and submit next month's payment when the previous
month's clears.

Got hung up *once* with this because the payment I put in ended up being
less than the minimum (had to get the brakes done on the car - and we
used the wrong card) and I got a call from their collections department
the *day* after the bill was due.  We got them to reverse the late fee
and reinstate the 0% transfer balance, but it was really surprising they
turned it over to collections so quickly.  Discover Financial apparently
is struggling.

(Of course you wouldn't know anything about them in the UK, since
virtually nobody accepts them over there)

Jim