POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future
From: St
Date: 7 Aug 2008 04:18:15
Message: <489aafc7$1@news.povray.org>
"Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>>     Getting Crysis = free editor.
>
> I started playing with the UT3 editor last year when it came out.  A few
> months of being shouted down in the forums by fanbois who couldn't stand
> my (imo) valid criticisms of the editor, plus seeing several threads (both
> my own, and others') removed from the forums with no explanation at all,
> convinced me that I didn't want to make levels for UT3 any more.

     Oh, well that's a shame. Yes, I know what fanboys can be like. And I'm
sure your advice would have been good.

> Pity, because if there's one thing that game needs (other than more than
> 10 people online at any given time), it's more good levels.
>
> I would consider Crysis, but my PC isn't up to snuff, and I don't feel
> like upgrading just for that.  Hopefully, Starcraft 2 will have scripting
> support on par with the original.

     Ah, well, if you want the Crysis experience, then get Crysis:Warhead
this September. Crytek have optimised this game to run on $600/$800 machines
apparently. But, you should be able to run Crysis on your rig if I can on my
(now pitiful) machine. Anyway, see some of the video's for Warhead, and see
what you think. I can't wait for it!  :)

    ~Steve~