POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 7 Aug 2008 00:41:00
Message: <489a7cdc$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

>> 'You mean I can't keep a positive balance on my credit card so as to
>> avoid a service charge?'
>

> No.  It's a credit card. (At least in the USA. IANAL.)

Yeah I guess.  But that's the reason?  Since it's called a credit card
account I can't keep a positive balance as a buffer?  Their system seems
to be able to handle it, it expresses it as a negative amount owed, but
is programmed not to allow it.  I know banks are subject to arcane and
sometimes surprising rules.  I also know that they can seem pretty
sleasy and its hard to decide which is which sometimes.  While I used
their phone menu system to inquire about this I was absolutely bombarded
with sales solicitations every step of the way.
"to hear about our ... product press 7
"to hear about our ... product press 8
"to hold for a representative press 9

> Don't you have a grace period in which to pay charges to the card?

I don't know, I assume so after reading these responses, I don't really
understand all the details, that's why I thought a +ve balance would
just be simpler.