POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I growing a tinfoil hat? : Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I growing a tinfoil hat?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Aug 2008 18:02:29
Message: <489a1f75$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 18:00:35 -0400, Jim Henderson wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 22:38:26 +0100, St. wrote:
>
>> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
>>
>>> The thing that bugs me about those cheques the most, of course, is
>>> they sit in my mailbox.  Nothing like having blank cheques sitting
>>> someplace where someone can come by and steal them - great way to
>>> "prevent" fraud, innit?
>>
>>   After following this thread Jim, I've had quite a hard time
>>   comprehending
>> that they, (the bank(s)), "send you a cheque". I mean, I've always
>> understood that you can even *draw* a cheque on the side of some live
>> beef stock if you want, and as long as it's accepted by the recipient,
>> the bank will accept it as a genuine cheque. But they're sending blank
>> cheques through email??
>
> Not via e-mail.... ;-)
>
> But of course, you're using a different meaning for "cheque" than I am -

...or maybe not, now that I reread it.

But yeah, the credit card companies have started sending this out as a
way to allow you to draw on your credit line; usually they have some sort
of special promotional interest rate associated with them.

The one that *really* bothers me, though, is when they pre-fill the
dollar amounts in.

Jim