POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem with small white dots : Re: Problem with small white dots Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with small white dots
From: stbenge
Date: 6 Aug 2008 15:27:05
Message: <4899fb09$1@news.povray.org>
Robert Rehammar wrote:

> However when rendering this I get white dots of the boundary of the
> sphere_sweep in the transparent block. Anyone have any ideas of how I
> solve this?

This could be a coincident surfaces problem, as most little white (or
black) dots are. Are the two surfaces overlapping each other exactly? If
so, move one of the objects slightly and the dots should disappear.

Raytracers can never decide which object to render if both surfaces are
fighting for the same rays.

I hope this solves the problem.

Sam