POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : windows 98 gui - test : Re: windows 98 gui - test Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:09:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: windows 98 gui - test
From: Rafal
Date: 5 Aug 2008 09:06:34
Message: <48985059@news.povray.org>
Leroy Whetstone wrote:

> I still run win98. I've written several programs for my 98.
>   Mostly for POV support, they are at http://leroywhetstone.s5.com/

Cool

>   I've also used these products to make the program and help files.
>    Vide:GUI Framework for Windows and more  http://www.objectcentral.com/
>    C++: Borlands Builder Downloads and Keys
> http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/tryitnow.html
>    Wisdom-soft ScreenHunter http://www.wisdom-soft.com/
>    EclipseHelp 95 http://www.greeneclipsesoftware.com/
>
> What is FLTK? I might be willing to have a go!

FLTK is a portal GUI; www.fltk.org

I use FLTK 2.

I work to have it support localized characers on win98
http://limcore.com/research/devel/gui_toolkits/1/fltk2_utf8_windows/

If You could later run some tests (x.exe, and soon more tests) and see if
the strin "Łódź" displays it would be nice :)

FLTK is quite nice overall (FLTK 2 lacks some thing - I found many quirks,
but fixing them is fast)

--
Rafał Maj
Software developer