POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Viruses : Re: Viruses Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Viruses
From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 4 Aug 2008 14:25:17
Message: <4897664D.9080703@joplin.com>
Mike Raiford wrote:

>> Anybody else here have any interesting virus experiences?

     I have never seen a virus on a computer. Been lucky I guess :)
I was the local greek that every one who ask for help on their computers
  in our naborhood. Every time a new virus came out everyone thought
they had it. The problems where mostly from loading games and programs
that were incompatible with the operating system. I was always getting
virus update from them. One day I got an e-mail that said there is a
virus name Such-n-Such(can remember) and if you have this exe file on
your computer you need to delete it. Of course it was on my computer. NO!
I didn't delete it. A little research showed that the file was very
important to the operating system. Lucky none of our gang delete it.