POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Caller ID spoofing? : Re: Caller ID spoofing? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Caller ID spoofing?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Aug 2008 13:09:36
Message: <489737d0$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:55:59 -0400, Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> Only in this case, it really might have been McD's fault. Coffee should
> be served at a drinkable temperature, maybe a bit warmer to keep it warm
> in the cup for a while. That temperature would not have resulted in the
> burns the woman got. The coffee had to be at a much higher temperature,
> in which case someone at McD's had either fiddled with the machine or
> ignored it's maintenance. If she had sipped it instead of spilling it
> first, she would have got burns through her mouth and throat instead.

Except that she would have sipped it and realised before liquid even hit
her lips that it was very hot.

She was in a car that was moving.  Moving cars sometimes have to stop
quickly.  It is sheer idiocy that anyone would think "hey, I've got a hot
cup of coffee here, what could possibly happen to cause me to get burned?"

IMNSHO, she's got nobody to blame but herself.  She didn't *think* before
putting the coffee between her knees.  If she hadn't done that, she
wouldn't have gotten burned.  McD's didn't FORCE her to put the coffee
there, she CHOSE to do so.

Jim