POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Viruses : Re: Viruses Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Viruses
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 4 Aug 2008 12:04:09
Message: <48972879$1@news.povray.org>

48971da1$1@news.povray.org...

> That stops the machine rebooting, but it still doesn't remove the virus.

The point is that it gave you plenty of time to install whatever blaster
removal tool you had downloaded from the AV makers.

>Oh dear, I must be a really stupid n00b for not knowing something so
>"obvious". Get off my case!

The noobishness is not about not knowing something. It's about not imagining
that there are other people out there with the same problem and possibly
solutions that work, all of this a Google search away. To be fair, it took
me a while to get this, as I'm old enough to be from a generation where it
was much more difficult to learn things on the fly...