POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Modelling: Anyone Interested? : Re: 3D Modelling: Anyone Interested? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Modelling: Anyone Interested?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Aug 2008 10:59:18
Message: <48971946$1@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sven [] jamaica-focus [] com> schreef in bericht
> Sure! The data is partially existing as full side views of those ships
> (hi-res JPG graphics), and partially as constructional details which I
> would have to deliver as corrections or descriptions of the growing 3D
> model.

What really would be needed are cross-sections of the ship, for representing
the timber. Best program to model hulls would then be the (free version of
the) program DelftShip at http://www.delftship.net/

As an aside: I have my own 17th century Dutch trade ship started that way
(on hold unfortunately since 2004  :-(   no time...)

Thomas