POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LHC : Re: LHC Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LHC
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Aug 2008 10:09:36
Message: <48970da0$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Better keep your crowbar ready for unforeseen consequences.

Too right.

Although I keep finding myself wondering about all those consequences
that must surely be "forseen".

For example, the transit system that takes you over a pit full of liquid
radioactive waste. Why would any sane engineer design a system this way?
(Why would toxic waste be in an open pit to begin with?)

Or how about the electricity generator, suspended over a 200-feet deep
casm, with no hand rails or any other kind of safety feature, that can
only be switched on from the top, and requires you to race back down
past the naked, live, electrified take-off leads? Who in their right
mind designs equipment like this?!?

And what the hell is the deal with that "surgical unit"? o_O

I think you all understand what I'm saying. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/