POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows XP Service Pack 3: Well that was a freaking waste! : Windows XP Service Pack 3: Well that was a freaking waste! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:32 EDT (-0400)
  Windows XP Service Pack 3: Well that was a freaking waste!
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 4 Aug 2008 08:01:40
Message: <4896efa4$1@news.povray.org>
I must be the only one out there that desires the address bar in the
task bar. I've had this in my task bar since FREAKING WINDOWS 98 ffs!
Now I install XP SP3 Which the MS update shoveler presented to me, and
now (Guess what!?) MY F***ING ADDRESS BAR IS GONE. I can't get it to
show up. A quick google indicates that it was removed because of (wait
for it) a court settlement. FU COURTS! Thanks to you I'll be returning
to SP2, never to install SP3 again. I suppose I could upgrade to Windows
Vista on my work machine, which would give me my (precious) address bar
back.

This is the single most convenient feature in the world for me. It
drives me nuts when there isn't one. I miss my address bar..

Back to SP2 for me.