POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Beta 28 now available : Re: Beta 28 not installing on my Vista user or admin Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 28 not installing on my Vista user or admin
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 3 Aug 2008 00:25:52
Message: <48953350$1@news.povray.org>
"Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote in message

> should we uninstall the old beta before installing the new one or simply
> install over it?

I tried to install as-is and got a message stating the previous one must be
uninstalled. Says the same in the actual installer, too, but after the fact.
I figured that was best anyway but I actually saw your message here first
and thought I'd take the risk. ;)

Problem is... it never finished the install, giving a error 1925. Says it
couldn't be done without administrator privileges (or some such), and yet
the Vista OS user account was already set to that being the only one
present.

Added another account, set that to administrator and the original to
standard user. Staying logged in and switching to the new administrator
account, again the installer was interrupted by that same error 1925.

Still haven't tried going back to the now "standard" user account to try it
that way, just about to do that so I will post back here.The installer
choices (radio buttons) of one user or all did not change the end result so
far.

Bob