POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! : Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it!
From: John VanSickle
Date: 1 Aug 2008 22:57:32
Message: <4893cd1c@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>>> Jar Jar Binks is a great character.
>
>> What smokest thou?
>
>   I really can't see what's wrong with him.
>
>   When I first saw the movie, I didn't find anything annoying or wrong
> with him. It was only afterwards that I realized that people hate him.

The part that I didn't like was that they gave him a comic relief role,
which theretofore had been handled by R2D2 and C3PO.  Admittedly, he did
advance the plot in small ways, but he was primarily comic relief.

The droids were funnier.  Jar-Jar's attempts at humor often failed, and
there's little more annoying than an attempt a humor that fails.

Regards,
John