POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Batman : Re: Batman Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Batman
From: Warp
Date: 1 Aug 2008 17:18:22
Message: <48937d9d@news.povray.org>
> 1) Warp is right. Batman doesn't turn his head. It's most obvious right
> in the last seconds of the movie, when he turns to deliver his final
> line of the movie, and looks silly rather than cool. :-)

  The Dark Knight is a bit better in this regard, which is a really big
improvement on previous movies (all of them).

  I have somewhat mixed feelings about the latest movie, but overall
I liked it. It avoided the same (IMO) mistake of Batman Begins, where
it started awesomely well but then degraded to the point of becoming
completely ridiculous. The Dark Knight was, IMO, quite good all the way
through.

  This shouldn't be a very big spoiler, but don't expect the Joker in
the movie to be the Joker in the comics. If you discard all expectations,
the character is quite awesome. (At first I was a bit disappointed because
he's not really the Joker from the comics, but thinking about it aftwards,
they pulled it out pretty well regardless.)

--
                                                          - Warp