POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RK4 is harder than it seems : Re: RK4 is harder than it seems Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RK4 is harder than it seems
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Aug 2008 11:29:11
Message: <48932bc7$1@news.povray.org>
triple_r wrote:
> In all fairness, there are better methods.  Think of dividing all the particles
> up into an octree.  A whole group of particles at a distance can be lumped into
> one mass.

I was thinking, that sounds more like figuring out how galaxies
interact, given where all the stars are. Then I went to

> http://www.astro.ex.ac.uk/people/mbate/Animations/

The octree of which stars are in which galaxies can be presumed fairly
static, I think. Might not be appropriate where every object is moving
everywhere in the scene.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)