POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : BUG: +O- pipe progressive output lost in 3.7beta25b ... Any workaround? : Re: BUG: +O- pipe progressive output lost in 3.7beta25b ... Any workaround? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BUG: +O- pipe progressive output lost in 3.7beta25b ... Any workaround?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Aug 2008 00:08:52
Message: <48928c54$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> in terms of the original poster's requirements, another option is that (if
> each render block is large enough to be useful in the following manner) to
> have things so that each block is itself a stand-alone PNG file, and the
> web page has a matrix of these PNG's so they form a whole image. I.e. you
> use the web browser to do the compositing for you ;)

Well, big blocks and web preview seem contradictory to me :-) Of course, on
the script side he will have to do this anyway, but I guess it is more
flexible if he can compress the bytes he gets himself. As you know, PHP and
various other scripting languages have image handling built in (with the
right compile options)...

	Thorsten