POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Aren't complexity classes fun? : Re: Aren't complexity classes fun? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aren't complexity classes fun?
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 31 Jul 2008 08:33:06
Message: <4891b102@news.povray.org>
news:4891aca4@news.povray.org...

> So, now that we've got all that out of the way, I'm sure you'll agree
> with me that there are times when you do *not* want to use an index,
> even if there is one. ;-)

<g> No.

Dunno about Oracle, but in SQL Server it's possible (and recommended) to
make the table into an index that contains, at the leaf levels, all of the
data in the table. It's called the clustered index.

I will agree that there are times when you want to scan an index, rather
than doing a seek on it.