POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very interesting... : Re: Very interesting... Server Time
15 May 2024 23:59:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very interesting...
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Jul 2008 23:50:13
Message: <48913675$1@news.povray.org>
triple_r wrote:
> That sounds to me like a (very) long-winded way of saying that debugging 'ugly'
> code doesn't make it any less ugly--it just makes it run for the time being.

Hmm. I thought it was a fairly interesting (altho not astonishing)
discussion of value versus code.  Far too many programmers think of
programming outside the structures of business, capitalism, and so on.
Not that that's bad, but it's bad if you're trying to be a professional
programmer.  That's one of the reason Joel's articles are popular, while
also having a vocal group of detractors - it depends on whether you look
at programming abstractly or in relationship to your other goals.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)