POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Being tactful : Re: Being tactful Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Being tactful
From: Tom Austin
Date: 30 Jul 2008 08:47:36
Message: <489062e8$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Galvin wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Just how *do* you tell somebody that there ideas are completely stupid
>> in a tactful way?
>>

> Try to understand where they are coming from.  Empathy is underrated.

Yeah, what he said.

Think about it for a moment - how would you like people to respond to
something that you worked hard to put together and asked for feedback on.

If you reject their plan and submit a new one, your input will likely
get tossed.

If you make some good suggestions with supporting info, then some may
actually get incorporated.  You may even be asked for more information.

The trick is in getting someone to see their own error and make their
own change on their own - something I am not good at.  For some reason
people take things better that way.

Tom