POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Last Man On Earth : Re: The Last Man On Earth (I give up) Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:06:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Last Man On Earth (I give up)
From: Bryan Valencia
Date: 30 Jul 2008 00:57:07
Message: <488ff4a3$1@news.povray.org>
Bryan Valencia wrote:
> I give up.
>
> No matter what I try (and I have wasted about 16 hours on it) the
> atmosphere effect I want is always gone well before I can see any sky.
> Geez, this is just too f'ing hard.

Perhaps what I want is unrealistic, but it does exist in reality.

I want there to be blue sky, a slight amount of atmosphere, so I can see the giant
triangular volumetric shadows of the
buildings in the air.  I used to marvel at the sight of that when I worked in San
Fransisco.

Oh, and another criteria is that I want it to render before my grandkids die of old
age.

:)