POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Last Man On Earth : Re: The Last Man On Earth Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Last Man On Earth
From: Bryan Valencia
Date: 30 Jul 2008 00:53:58
Message: <488ff3e6@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:18:49 -0400, alphaQuad wrote:
>
>> The Agnostic is not living a significant life.
>
> Bull.
>
> The agnostic is just saying "I don't know if there is a god or not".
>
> But who are you to judge?  Does not the bible state "judge not, lest ye
> be judged"?
>
> Jim

<soapbox>
Apologies for being so off-topic, but Matthew 7 is being abused here. You should not
quote Jesus Christ out of context
like this.  Read the passage in the context of the teaching.  I know non-Christians
like to whip this verse out whenever
they want to do something immoral - just to shut the Christians up, but Matthew 7 just
can't be intelligently
interpreted to mean that.

The verse doesn't advise use to tell each other not to "judge" us, it's an admonition
against feeling like we're "good"
by comparing ourselves to someone else.  The verse is about holding ourselves to God's
standard for us, it's not for
unbelievers to stop all criticism from believers.
</soapbox>