POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scene file and command-line switches for Spec CPU2006? : Re: Scene file and command-line switches for Spec CPU2006? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scene file and command-line switches for Spec CPU2006?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 Jul 2008 00:26:15
Message: <488fed67$1@news.povray.org>
jhu wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone would happen to know what the scene files and
> command-line switches are for the POV-Ray benchmark that's used in Spec
> CPU2006?

They are unfortunately using chess2.pov against our recommendations. If I
could find the SPEC 2006 CD (which I did put somewhere, I am certain ;-) ) I
could check what INI file they finally used, but that, too, was against our
recommendations iirc. What we learnt was that lots of politics between large
corporations dictate SPEC choices :-(

BTW, running a single program from the SPEC 2006 benchmark is not very
representative. So what do you really want to do? There is a benchmark scene
built into POV-Ray as you might know...

	Thorsten