POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PNG to Avi on a Mac? : Re: PNG to Avi on a Mac? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:09:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PNG to Avi on a Mac?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 29 Jul 2008 20:53:54
Message: <488fbba2@news.povray.org>
H. Karsten wrote:
> Yesterday, I've spoke to a friend about image-sequences on a mac.
> He use ImageMagic to solve this problem.

Eh, what was *his* problem?

Mine was that AviDemux didn't produce "proper" MPGs, at least not ones
which Quicktime or the VLC Player wanted to play.

I've since then found that on a Mac, simply selecting "Open Image
sequence" with Quicktime and exporting that works fine. I don't see the
good old MPEG2 there, but MP4 is fine as well.

Regards,
Tim