POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu] Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu]
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 29 Jul 2008 12:39:51
Message: <488f47d7$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> I don't know about you, but every time *I* look at either the GIMP or
> PhotoShop, I can never figure out what magical trick I'm missing that
> lets you do the impressive stuff everybody else does. To me, it just
> seems to be a small set of pretty simple tools that don't appear to give
> you much power to do anything.

There are lots of tools, though. Some are quite sophisticated, such as
the aforementioned healing brush. Layers, masking and blend modes are
also quite powerful features.

If you look at the brush tool in PS, it's extremely powerful, pressure
sensitive, can create brush strokes that splatter and scatter, etc, PSE
is significantly neutered, though and had much less options on the brush
tool.